100% GRACE. 100% TRUTH. NO COMPROMISE.
Where Grace Abounds exists to guide and support men and women who seek to understand sexuality and relationship, and to inspire all people to know and personally appropriate God’s plan for their sexuality and relationships.
WGA was born out of the need to fill the vacuum created between blanket acceptance and approval of sexual behavior of any kind and total condemnation of the sexual sinner as worse than any other.
In the breach between these two extremes; people are in conflict:
- In the Church, they are struggling silently with intense feelings of isolation–alone in their pain.
- In our culture, many are disillusioned or consider the Church irrelevant as a resource and help; yet, there is much disinformation and confusion surrounding the truth about what God (and the Church) might have to offer.
- In families, parents, a brother, sister, husband or wife, or a child in pain look for a way to help their loved one.
- In the workplace, friends and co-workers are challenged in living out their faith amongst conflicting messages about sexuality from the culture and the church.
- In the professional community, counselors, educators and pastors are plagued by complex questions and find few resources that provide practical answers.
WGA bridges the gap for these people by providing an environment that they have not found elsewhere: safe places to explore their options, discuss their questions, and receive support in their process of healing.
WGA makes a distinction between sexual feelings and behavior. People do not choose their feelings (including sexual orientation), but they do choose what they do with those feelings (behavior).
Sexual feelings arise throughout the process of human development. Unwelcome sexual feelings may require the understanding and resolution of spiritual, emotional, relational, and psychological issues.
Inappropriate sexual behavior is a symptom of a reparative drive which is attempting to resolve much deeper issues such as spiritual emptiness, unresolved emotional trauma and unmet intimacy and love needs. Inappropriate sexual behavior is, in effect, a counterfeit solution for a genuine problem.
WGA draws alongside people in conflict with their feelings and/or behavior, offering services in an atmosphere of unconditional love and acceptance as they come to an understanding of their condition and God’s provision for it.
Reaching out in the love of Jesus Christ without condemnation, yet without compromising the Word of God.
Providing godly counsel, support and encouragement while allowing the Holy Spirit to do his work of sanctification in the life of any individual.
WGA is incorporated in the State of Colorado as a non-profit organization, is recognized by the IRS and is governed by a board of directors.
WGA is an interdenominational organization committed to providing services to people of diverse backgrounds.
WGA is supported through the gifts of God’s people. Services are provided without a financial obligation.